3.11.2012

Good ol' Angus

So it's official. Angus King has thrown his name into the hat for US Senator from Maine. I don't have any big beef with Mr. King, but I can't help but remember him as the strong supporter of the No Labels movement in Maine which really disappointed me.

I'm cautiously optimistic about his upcoming term. Angus was successful as a governor bridging the divide between the two parties. I hope he has as much success in DC as he did in Augusta. But I doubt he'll get much traction if he's really jumped on the radical-center band wagon.

It's one thing to criticize the conflict between two parties or candidates. It's another to make harsh attacks against those involved and No Labels is too quick to demonize those who they ironically label "radicals." We'll see if Angus can stick to his commitment of abstaining from the use of attack ads and continue his neutrality in the capitol.

0 Intelligent Comment(s):

Post a Comment