10.04.2011

E.U.

In 2007 I spent a semester in France. I sat in on an international economics class conducted in French even though I could barely understand the language when spoken. Despite my handicap, I distinctly recollect the professor hassling her other students about the fact that this American who couldn't yet speak a second language knew more about their European Union history than they did. I've always found all things Europe to be interesting. I even began reading books like the United States of Europe as early as seventh grade.

I love Europe and you should too.

Via Matt Yglesias I was reminded of the importance of happenings in Europe and just how much the economy across the pond affects ours. Meanwhile, our extraordinary (expensive) endeavors in the deserts of Iraq, Afghanistan and other unmentionable nations ultimately yield very little in terms of standards of living or security. In fact the impact is arguably negative.

0 Intelligent Comment(s):

Post a Comment