3.03.2011

Private dinner hosted by promoters of transparency

via Portland Press Herald
Does anyone else find it ironic that Tarren Bragdon, CEO of the Maine Heritage Policy Center will be hosting a private dinner to lobby legislators and refuses to register as a lobbiest while at the same time MHPC authored legislation to improve transparency in government?

Bragdon, assisting Commissioner Mary Mayhew of DHHS will be giving a presentation on a welfare reform proposal. I'm next to positive these types of presentations are suppose to be conducted at a committee hearing.

I sure wish I could afford a grand dinner to woo my representatives. I'm lucky if they even respond to an email of mine - and I'm chairman of a political party on the ballot in Maine!

0 Intelligent Comment(s):

Post a Comment