1.05.2011

Hey big spendah!

According to Governor LePage's inaugural address he would like to add a fifth year of high school for students in Maine with an emphasis on vocational training. Education spending is on par with military expenditure, and while I'm not against investing a lot of money on education, after pontificating throughout his campaign about the need to reduce spending in Augusta, this move seems antithetic.

2 Intelligent Comment(s):

Michael said...

As a fan of the policy, and that sweet, sweet link you shared, my defense is that it's an alternative to college and if it works will cut some funding of higher education.

Jeremy Corbally-Hammond said...

I'm not necessarily opposed to the policy. It just struck me as ironic. I have other concerns with education.

Your blog is very link-able.

Post a Comment