1.02.2011

Hello 2011

I feel good. I feel optimistic. I think 2011 is going to be a good year. It's just a hunch tickling me in the gut. No particular reason or evidence - just a supposition.

2010 was an interesting year for me. I got a new job (at the same organization.) I was elected to the State Steering Committee of the Maine Green Independent Party - and subsequently elected as committee Secretary. I lost about 50 pounds (and plateaued a bit, I need a new infusion of fitness in my life.) I've unfortunately, practically abandoned MaineWebAid.org, due to lack of time and energy. I lost a cat, and gained a kitten. I began my experiments with vegetarianism and can count on one hand the times I ate meat this year - a success, I think. Oh, and I started this blog.

The big ticket item: I married my wife days before our fifth anniversary together. Elise is amazing, and I'm amazed that I get to spend the rest of my life with her.

I suppose I should set some resolutions for the new year, for tradition's sake. It's good to set goals too. I'll go with the very common: "Will exercise more." For this blog I don't really have any huge aspirations. I'll be happy if I'm able to keep up with the pace I've begun - roughly six posts a month. If I find readership grows, it might be worthwhile to either post more often, or spend more time and effort on the few posts I do publish - but I don't foresee that happening.

Suggestions on the site are welcome. You're also invited to share your own resolution for 2011 in the comments.

0 Intelligent Comment(s):

Post a Comment